About SASSOM Kids
At SASSOM MMA our kids start training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. BJJ is a Martial Art that optimises the use leverage, take downs, locks and holds to neutralise and opponent, even if the opponent is much larger, stronger and heavier.
SASSOM Kids is highly focused on helping your child become bully proof while ensuring they do not become the bully. We do this by teaching them awareness, confidence, responsibility and finally rules of engagement.
We separate kids into 3-different groups so they can learn in a safe and secure environment. Even though we list fixed ages to each group these are only a guide, we move the kids into the classes that will best suit them and give them the best chance to develop at their own pace.
All classes, for all age groups, are designed specifically to create the best learning outcomes possible. With each age group the techniques and training become more complex. As a child progresses though the age groups the way they learn and train changes.
- 2-5 YEARS
This class is about fun, laughter, and learning basic listening and motor skills. Parents are on the training mat with their kids learning interactive games that they can also take home to play. It is a great chance for parents to bond with their child while their little one starts their Martial Arts journey.
- 5-8 Years
The focus of this age group is building confidence and a foundation of quality martial skills while still having fun. Parents are no longer on the training mat with their kids, instead they get to watch them from the sidelines. In this group the kids practice new simplified Martial Arts skills on the coaches, and at the end of most classes they get to roll / wrestle one another in a controlled and safe environment.
- 8+ Years
This age group is about social interaction with other kids, positive attitude and work ethic while developing more advanced martial skills. In this group the kids are trusted to learn and practice their new skills on each other in much the same way as adults train. When children start to mature between the ages of 14-16 they have the chance to trial the adults classes so they can slowly make the transition as they feel comfortable.
Once a child reaches a certain level of skill, confidence and they show the right attitude, then they can be invited to train in the advanced classes.
- Advanced BJJ Classes
The Advanced BJJ Classes focus’ on the sports competition side of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. The kids learn more advanced techniques and how to apply them under the increased stress that only competition can provide safely.
- Advanced MMA Classes
The Advanced MMA Classes introduce the kids to striking, and how to combine the stand up art of Muay Thai with Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. SASSOM Kids follow the IMMAF (International Mixed Martial Arts Federation) rules for youth competition as our guide for the techniques we teach the kids. SASSOM will also assist those parents and kids that would like to try competing in an IMMAF tournament.
Instructors: Marcus Collings, Flick Brown, Shaun King
- Transaction Fees
- SASSOM uses eDebit to process electronic payments, these payments can be debited from either a bank account or credit card.
- eDebit charges a transaction fee of $0.48 per transaction. If you use a credit card it is +1.65% for Master and Visa or 4.2% for Amex on top of the prescribed transaction fee. These fees can be altered by eDebit.
- eDebit charges an $11.00 fee for failed payments.
- Membership Suspension / Freeze
- There is a $5.50 fee for each suspension / freeze to your membership.
- membership suspensions can be self managed by logging into your account via the Member Portal
- Cancellation Policy
- All cancellations must be made in writing and sent via email to SASSOM. There is a minimum of two weeks' notice is required to cancel a membership.
- You must send us an email to [email protected] advising us that you would like to cancel your membership, we always reply when we have processed your request.